Thursday, May 23, 2013

Homemade Toaster-less Pizza

I've watched a cooking show on TV that made a pizza using the brand of the show's sponsor. I made a twist in my own version. After a deep afternoon nap, I made this snack which is suppose to be a late aftie snack but turned as early night snack. It took me more or less an hour to prepare. Hihi. (Yes. I cook like this. The 10-minute recipe will turn into a 45-minute one) What took time the most is slicing the bread and hotdog. I used leftover bread (which of course are edible). I thought the bread in the food keeper were all filling/spread-less. Good thing the filling of the bread is mongo and can be easily scraped. This recipe also requires a leftover meat because it is suppose to be a how-to-turn-leftover-foods-into-a-new-snack. Since we don't have leftover meat, I still cooked hotdog and diced it. One thing, I still boil a little the bell peppers. We are not used in eating it raw. 

Since I just estimate how much will I need in each ingredient, I'll just list the ingredients I used. 

bread bun, sliced
pizza sauce 
hotdog, diced
cheese, grated 
bell pepper, diced 

Procedure: 
1. Spread the pizza sauce on the bread. 
2. Make cheese, bell pepper, and hot dog as toppings in each bread. 
3.[Toast] but since I can't use a bread toaster, I just heat the skillet up. Place bread directly on it. No need to grease. Make sure to move the bread once in a while so that it won't stick and burn the bottom part of the bread. 

Now, here are some pics of my own version pizza. :) 


 
 


It is better to slice thinner bread as base so that when you toast it, it will be crispier. 

Easy right? Now make one! You can add raisins or pineapple if you want to make it a bit sweet. 


XOXO. :* 


'til next next time, 



No comments: